If you are looking to remove hair from your bikini line, legs, back, face, ears or more, then you’ve probably been looking for natural hair removal methods. Waxing hurts and razors aren’t long-lasting solutions (plus they can cut or leave bumps). Are there home remedies that work for removing hair?
The truth is: most DIY home hair removal methods don’t work and can even cause negative reactions.
Here are five of the most common at-home hair removal methods and why they won’t work the way you want them to:
1. Lemon and Sugar Scrub: There are plenty of DIY recipes for this mixture that is supposed to reduce hair, improve skin hydration and even bleach the hair (the hair that supposedly should be gone???). It doesn’t make a lot of sense because it doesn’t really work.
2. Pumice Stone Massage: There is a theory that a pumice stone massage will pull out the hairs as you go. Well, ouch—but, no. Rubbing a pumice stone just leads to raw skin and doesn’t get deep enough to impact the hair follicles.
3. Turmeric Paste: Supposedly turmeric (or papaya) can be applied 3-4x a week and eventually kill off the hair. But there is no evidence that it does this at all or that the hair is reduced in any way. So, you end up wasting time and money on this quick trick.
4. Baking Soda with Coffee Grounds: Supposedly mixing baking soda and coffee grounds creates a mix that will break down the hair follicle and stop future growth. But this has been proven to be an old wives’ tale and won’t actually do anything except exfoliate the skin. And the more you rub, the more it will turn red and get irritated.
5. Blackstrap Molasses: Your hair follicles have already been established, so it’s pretty silly to think adding something, like blackstrap molasses, to your diet changes anything Dietary changes have not been linked to reducing unwanted body hair.
Permanently Remove Hair with Laser Hair Removal
You will spend a lot of time and money on DIY hair removal solutions, shaving and waxing over time. The simplest and most cost-effective way to remove irritating hair is to have it permanently removed by laser. Our laser treatment is low-pain and after the initial 4-6 treatments, you will only need occasional (1-2x a year) treatments.
Here at Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center , we provide safe, effective and painless treatments to remove and reduce unwanted hair on your arms, legs, face, ears, shoulders, back, bikini area and more.
Get rid of hair for real. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and get started towards smooth skin!