For patients with spider veins, wearing shorts, swimsuits, or other types of clothing that expose the unsightly veins can leave a person feeling dissatisfied with their overall appearance. Spider veins can be particularly debilitating for men and women who develop the condition on their faces, as they can be much harder to conceal in everyday life. Makeup is often not enough to cover facial spider veins.
Fortunately, revolutionary advances in cosmetic dermatology and med spa treatments now offer patients convenient, effective options for addressing and correcting spider veins on the face and body. The highly trained medical team at Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center, have treated numerous patients with laser therapy, dramatically reducing the appearance of spider veins.
To determine if laser spider vein therapy may benefit you, it is important to first have a basic understanding of the condition, the treatment options available, the results you can expect, and what makes an ideal candidate.
What are spider veins?
When small blood vessels under the surface of the skin are dilated or damaged, they can burst, resulting in spider veins. These webbed, branching clusters of veins are usually dark red, purple, or blue in color, making them difficult to conceal with makeup. Though they are generally painless and usually pose no health risk, spider veins can be detrimental to a person’s self-confidence and can occasionally be accompanied by itching or a rash.
Who is at risk for spider veins?
Spider veins can affect anyone, but there are a number of factors that may make one person more likely to develop them than another. The most common risk factors for spider veins:
- Genetics: If your mother, father, or another close relative had spider veins, you may be more likely to develop them.
- Age: In general, older patients develop spider veins more often than younger men and women.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women experience a fluctuation in hormones that can lead to dilated or broken blood vessels, though they usually disappear after pregnancy.
- Sun exposure: Patients who have had long-term or excessive sun exposure run a higher risk of developing different symptoms of skin damage, including spider veins.
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol consumption can result in spider veins due to the vessel-dilating effects of alcohol.
- Pressure: Intense pressure, including altitude or even a strong sneeze, can cause blood vessels to burst and spider veins to appear.
How can I get rid of my spider veins?
It is essential that patients seek treatment at the first sign of spider veins, as they tend to become worse over time. Getting rid of your spider veins at Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center, has never been easier or more convenient. Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center offers a variety of treatment options for spider veins. An excellent method for treating spider veins is laser therapy.
Which laser therapy works best for treating spider veins?
Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center is committed to providing the most current and effective therapies available and offers a variety of laser spider vein treatments. Laser treatment for spider veins involves:
- A noninvasive, focused, heat-based treatment that destroys the underlying spider veins with minimal damage to the surrounding skin, though some redness or hives may occur.
One of the most attractive benefits of laser treatment of spider veins is that it permanently destroys the vein, allowing patients to enjoy their new look for years to come. However, it is important to keep in mind that new spider veins can appear, which can be safely treated with a second or subsequent laser session. Our Medically Certified Aestheticians at Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center will evaluate your case, discuss your goals, and recommend the most appropriate laser facial spider vein treatment for you.
How can I prevent spider veins?
While it may be impossible to prevent spider veins altogether, there are a number of things you can do to lessen your chances of developing them:
- Avoid sun exposure
- Exercise regularly
- Wear loose, unrestrictive clothing
- Reduce the amount of daily pressure on your legs
- Maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle
How can I find out if laser spider vein removal is right for me?
The best way to determine if laser therapy may be effective in treating the spider veins on your face and body is to consult a qualified, experienced technician. Please call the scheduling team at Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center at (843) 669-2220 to book your Free consultation and learn more about how laser spider vein treatment can enhance your look and boost your confidence.